Caldwell Cigar Co. hit the scene in 2014, fresh off the heels of a dissolution between Caldwell and Eiroa’s Wynwood Cigars. Robert Caldwell now teams up with Ventura out of the Dominican Republic (and is even in the process of building a Caldwell factory) to showcase his own company.
The lineup includes 3 premium brands that utilize rare and vintage tobaccos, as well as a more affordable lineup of 3 cigars called “Iberian Express”. There is also a few ultra-premium, limited edition cigars under the Caldwell name.
Eastern Standard makes use of a Dark Connecticut Hybrid wrapper and showcases the mild-medium range for Caldwell. This cigar was well-received upon release and secured the #10 spot on Cigar Dojo’s 2014 Cigar of the Year list.
- Wrapper: Connecticut Hybrid Ecuadoriano – 2006
- Binder: Habana Dominicano – 2005
- Filler: 30% Dominican Criollo ’98 (2008) – 30% Dominican Corojo Ligero (2006) – 40% Nicaraguan Habano (2007)
- Factory: Tabacalera William Ventura (Dominican Republic)
- Production: Small batch/Regular production
- Packaging: 24-ct boxes
- Price: $8 – $12