In 2012, hungry cigar fanatics were rewarded with a tasty little snack, just in time fore Christmas! Liga Privada enthusiasts had been waiting for these little “french fries” for some time, and when they finally came, they delivered. Liga cigars traditionally cost upwards of $12, delivering arguably the best maduro on the market, but now they could be snagged in nifty tins of 4 cigars—the ultimate “car ‘gar”!
The trick was that they used short filler containing tobaccos from the “real” Liga cigars. After rolling the Liga lines, the tobaccos were completely re-sorted, making for one of the most meticulously crafted short-filler cigars in existence. The cigars have since been moved to larger 50-count boxes to reduce price and make Papas Fritas more readily available.
- Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
- Binder: Brazilian Mata Fina
- Filler: Nicaraguan & Honduran
- Factory: La Gran Fabrica Drew Estate (Nicaragua)
- Production: Small batch (Drew Diplomat Retailer Program)
- Packaging: 4-ct tins (original) | 50-ct box (current)
- Price: $6.40 (original) | $5.25 (current)