It’s the fourth and final installment for AVO’s luxury/limited edition “Classic Covers” cigars, which are a part of the brand’s “Improvisation Series”, introduced in 2015. The concept cleverly incorporates the brand’s musical background by “covering” their own core-line cigar blends, much in the same way bands often cover each other’s songs.
The first cigar in the series was released in March, 2015, covering AVO’s “Classic” cigar. Volume 2 was then introduced at the 2015 IPCPR, paying homage to the AVO Heritage blend. Following the same timeline, the Volume 3 was released in March, 2016 – commemorating brand patriarch Avo Uvezian’s 90th birthday, featuring a play on the brand’s AVO XO cigar. Now, at the 2016 IPCPR, there was only one blend left to cover: AVO Domaine.
The Domaine is the brand’s most premium regular production cigar – a fitting choice to end the Classic Covers series. The Volume 4 cigar features a similar wrapper and filler makeup, using a more choice selection for an upgraded experience. The binder has been changed from Dominican (used on Domaine) to Ecuadorian Sumatra for Volume 4. A singular, figurado vitola will be offered, which uses the same “No. 50” size from the Domaine lineup. Packaging resembles the Volume 3, shaped after a record player, with a removable vinyl lid for display and built-in slots for converting the box into a functioning ash tray.Cigar Dojo
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano 2000 Marron
- Binder: Ecuadorian Sumatra
- Filler: Dominican (San Vicente Mejorado Volado | Yamasa Visus | Pilito Visus | San Vicente Visus)
- Factory: OK Cigar Corp, Inc. (Dominican Republic)
- Production: Limited Edition (2,000 boxes)
- Packaging: 18-ct dress box
- Vitola: 6″ × 50 × 54 figurado
- Price: $17.90 ($322.20/box MSRP)