Camacho underwent a complete overhaul in 2013, introducing a dramatic change in design, as well as streamlining their portfolio to a more understandable and consumer-friendly layout. The theme of this reconstruction? BOLD.
Bold colors, bold fonts, bold bands, bold flavors (duh), BOLD EVERYTHING—there were even live scorpions running around their IPCPR trade show booth! At the center of this new lineup was the cigar that started it all—Camacho Corojo, consisting of authentic, Cuban-seed, Corojo tobacco seeds that were smuggled out of Cuba in the 1960’s. Camacho has since cultivated the seed to perfection, long after Cuba abandoned the precious tobacco for the more mold-resilient Havana 92 and Havana 2000 (hybrid) tobaccos.
- Wrapper: Corojo (Authentic Corojo 5th Priming)
- Binder: Corojo (Authentic Corojo)
- Filler: Corojo (Authentic Corojo 3 Primings)
- Factory: AgroIndustrias Laepe, S.A. (Honduras)
- Production: Regular release
- Packaging: 20-ct box
- Price: $6.50 – $8.00