The Protocol cigar comes in a Toro and a Corona Gorda vitola. Some have asked… which one is fatter? Ironically that’s the most common question I’m asked in regard to the cigar’s creators: Juan Cancel and Bill Ives. Cubariqueño Cigar Company (pronounced Cuba·ree·ken·yo) is Juan and Bill’s new company and their first release is the Protocol which was manufactured at Erik Espinosa’s La Zona Factory in Nicaragua.
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Oscuro
- Binder: Nicaraguan Habano
- Filler: Quadruple ligero from Estelí and Jalapa regions
- Factory: La Zona (Nicaragua)
- Production: Currently a small batch production of 5,000 cigars (Corona Gorda and Toro) available in 10 count soft packs.
- Price: $7 – $8